Position Summary: This position elicits, researches, analyzes, validates, negotiates, documents, and manages business and technical requirements provided by key project stakeholders. This position is also responsible for translating business requirements into technical requirements specifications in support of process improvement and application development projects.
- Conduct requirements elicitation meetings and workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
- Elicit, collect, analyze, document, and track business and system requirements.
- Gather applicable supporting information (e.g., Probation/Court policies, standards, procedures, rules; laws, system configuration parameters, etc.) that may be relevant to the automated solution.
- Translate business stakeholder needs into system requirements specifications that can be used for process improvement and software development solutions.
- Develop and execute test scenarios to validate the conformance of new and updated solutions against business and system requirements specifications.
- Document application configuration parameters.
- Identify configuration changes to the system necessitated by modifications in statute, rule, and administrative order, and new/updated business and system requirements specifications.
- Assist with development of product migration and deployment tasks between system environments.
- Perform application system administration support tasks in accordance with business and system requirements specifications.
- Assist with second-level application production support and respond to Remedy ticket requests.
- Create training materials and train stakeholders on use of software applications.
- Support the deployment of new/updated software applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and interpret legislation, rules, administrative orders, policies, business and technical standards and business and technical procedures.
- Ability to research statutes, rules and administrative orders to ensure development complies with these authorities.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision while assigned to a variety of projects and tasks.
- Ability to prioritize activities and time to achieve planned project outcomes.
- Ability to provide consistent and effective communication with customers and peers.
- Team-oriented mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of probation Case Management Systems and probation procedures.
- Experience testing software.
- Ability to use test tracking software, including set up, prioritization and report creation.
- Training/teaching skills and experience.
- Proficiency in automation design, business process and requirements analysis.
- Physical Requirements and Equipment Operation
- Ability to travel to probation departments within Arizona.
- Valid Arizona-issued driver’s license or personal identification.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as a computer, copier, fax machine, phone.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.