The project complexity and visibility for all initiatives under the PMO are high. Therefore, the individual selected for this position must understand diplomacy, command control of the project, possess active listening skills, and have the high emotional intelligence to juggle multiple stakeholders. The desired candidate is a quick starter, demonstrates advanced business acumen, and has strong negotiation and public relations skills. The PM must be able to demonstrate their attention to detail, documentation, and organizational skills. Adaptability and flexibility to work within the city culture are critical to project success. Additionally, the candidate must have a proven track record of adherence to PMO governance and best practices working in a high-matrixed environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Three years of experience leading large scale technology projects
- Three years of leading project teams with multiple project sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, information technology, or related field
- Project management-related certifications (i.e., PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, etc.)
- Excellent customer service and ability to convey project needs and risks to the business, technology, and executive stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to produce truthful, timely, and concisely written documentation and presentations
- Three years of vendor management experience
- Procurement experience (RFP, RFI, RFQ, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Project/PWA, Visio
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager leading complex technology projects across financial data software implementation, cybersecurity, and infrastructure.
- Experience in ERP upgrade initiatives. Experience with SAP S/4HANA implementations desired.
- Master’s degree in management, information technology, or related field
- Other certifications and skills such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, Kaizen, and Organizational Change Management are a plus
- Experience with conducting project governance over a multi-stakeholder environment
- Different combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted