Full time, Contract | Phoenix, AZ
Posted On: Jun 16 2022
Role and Responsibilities The PCLAN technician role within Agency is the face of ITG (Information Technology Group) These technicians are out with internal customers on a daily basis resolving issues and working as a liaison to other divisions within Agency.
- Server Support, Desktop support, support customers on the Agency network;
- Fix computer related problems
- Troubleshoot hardware problems
- Research and implement potential solutions
- Support agency’s warranty and non-warranty computer and printer repair work and assist with assigned project tasks.
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Teach customers how to use PC related software and hardware.
- Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations.
- Install and configure PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Assist with major deployments of hardware and software.
- Monitors system reliability and availability.
- Attend section staff meetings.
- Complete mandatory training classes and other classes as assigned.
- Travel between sites to accomplish tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hardware and software packages to include client and server platforms.
- Teach new staff members how to troubleshoot problems, setup and install, network related hardware, software and other peripherals.
- This position will require daily travel to work sites
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- General working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- Ticketing and Department operating procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including operating systems and Office
- Knowledge of Google email and standard Suite of products
- Computer hardware configuration and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of Ethernet network topology to assist with troubleshooting network issues
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure industry standards and best practices
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Problem definition and alternative analysis skills
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experience with Windows 7
- Experience with Server 2008 and Server 2012 engineering
- Experience with Backup solutions
- Time Reporting
- MS System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
- Minimum 4 years of current working experience in an IT field
- Must have a current AZ Driver’s license with a good driving record - 39 month review will be conducted
- Must be able to achieve an ACJIS Certification and pass an Arizona Criminal Justice
- Investigation with fingerprint and Criminal background check.
- Associate/Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with ability to adjust message to audience
- Knowledge of Apple devices including iOS and MacOS is a plus
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent self-organization and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Ability to develop and write technical documentation
- Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Resource will be working in a professional environment and will be held to a dress code standard.
- Position requires ACJIS Certification (Arizona Criminal Justice Information System) is provided by Agency and is the full background check with fingerprinting, then the candidate is required to pass a written test in order to work on our Agency Enforcement Officers (our Agency Police for the Public) devices.
- Position will require extensive daily travel. Resources will need to have the ability to drive to various locations throughout the Phoenix Metro area as needed using Agency Vehicle.
- Infrequently, travel with possible overnight stays within AZ may be offered on a volunteer basis.
- Candidates cannot have any criminal records at all throughout their entire history in any state and no DUI's (Driving under the Influence)