Full time, Contract | Phoenix, AZ
Posted On: Jun 15 2022
- Serves as the product owner using their high-level perspective across multiple IT disciplines to define goals and create a vision for development of the School Financial Transparency portal
- Review and approve project functionality built by the vendor.
- Manages the core product and implementation team including the vendor, directs and oversees the core product and the enterprise expansion of the platform
- Serves as project champion embracing and articulating project goals, objectives and outcomes for projects such as cloud technologies, infrastructure modernization, cybersecurity, digitization, enterprise wide applications and managed partnerships
- Manages the product team to drive results and successes; Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities
- Manages the entire product life cycle from discovery through lessons learned.
- Manages the program’s budget, schedule, and scope
- Creates and manages the product backlog and prioritize based on the overall strategy and business objectives
- Communicating with stakeholders across the board, including customers, business managers, and the development teams to ensure proper product alignment
- Works with project resources, including procurement and vendor, to assure project health
- Ensures the team is working together and steps in when needed to help facilitate activities and move the program forward in a cohesive manner
- Understands, monitors and reports on project tasks, milestones and deliverables.
- Guides project teams to define requirements or stories/sprints/backlogs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Proactive Orientation - Strong ability to identify and resolve risks/issues/changes
- Takes Ownership - Commitment to actions that lead to success for self/team/organization
- Drives to Results – Track record of project results (with increasing levels of difficulty)
- Customer Focus - Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent Communicator - Strong verbal, written and facilitation skills;
- Personable - Strong team/stakeholder interactions and working relationships; Effective with IT professionals
- Delivery - Strong planning, organization and presentation skills
- Knowledge Areas - PM methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, Lean, Kanban, Agile, hybrid) Proficient in Scrum
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years in a program or product management or similar role utilizing established processes/protocols.
- Scrum Master