Position Overview: Seeking a motivated self-starter to help drive the adoption of cloud services and solutions. The ideal candidate will bring first-hand experience designing and deploying cloud-based solutions as well as analyzing and migrating existing solutions in market-leading IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
● Engaging collaboratively with ASET’s customers (other State agencies, boards and commissions) to assist with developing cloud-migration and application modernization roadmaps for applications.
● Review and analysis of cloud technologies and providers to produce written recommendations on the technological fit, business value and benefits.
○ Conduct research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost- effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
○ Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
● Presentation of cloud solutions to both business and technical audiences - including the ability to present to senior leadership.
● Evangelization of the State’s Cloud-First policy to key stakeholders
● Responsible for identification and selection of appropriate cloud services based on requirements and constraints, has deep subject matter expertise, and can evaluate new technologies for fit in current infrastructure architecture.
● Maintain in-depth knowledge of ADOA-ASET’s strategic business plans and the statewide IT plan.
● Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, IT cloud engineers, and other systems architects.
● Document and develop in-depth knowledge of ADOA-ASET’s existing IT cloud architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio. ○ Develop and manage an IT cloud infrastructure capacity plan.
● Develop, document, communicate and enforce a cloud technology standards policy.
● Design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end IT cloud-integrated systems.
● Develop and execute test plans to check IT cloud infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, system analysis, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
● Associate level Cloud Architecture Certification from a major Cloud Services Provider.
Knowledge and Experience
● Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage.
● Understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and NoSQL.
● Knowledge of message queuing and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
● Understanding of different consistency models in distributed systems.
● Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks (CDN).
● Experience with core LAN/WAN network technologies.
● Experience with route tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, IP and the OSI Network Model.
● Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON.
● Familiarity with both waterfall and agile software development lifecycle.
● Work experience with information and application security concepts, mechanisms, and tools.
● Awareness of end-user computing and collaborative technologies.
● Large-scale distributed systems architecture.
● Cloud based system performance tuning.
● Information and application security concepts including public-key encryption, remote access, access credentials, and certificate-based authentication.
● Ability to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
● Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
● Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
● Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
● Highly self-motivated and directed.
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
● Strong customer service orientation.
● Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.