- Our client is seeking a Microsoft Messaging Specialist to provide technical leadership and support for operations and maintenance of the City’s enterprise Office365 messaging solution.
- This technologist will provide technical guidance in the administration of City messaging services and is responsible for assisting senior staff in the evaluation of technology, development of technical strategies and tactical plans, maintenance of technical system hardware and software, monitoring system operations, and cooperative participation with customers and partners to promote continuous service improvement.
- The technologist will administer and performs day-to-day operational tasks to ensure the City’s Enterprise Messaging systems are operating efficiently and are available to support the customer base and operational requirements. Duties routinely performed by this position include the configuration and administration of the Proofpoint email protection solutions including Targeted Attack, Threat Response and Fraud Defense used to secure the City’s messaging services. The LUTS manages the processes used to support Public Records Requests and Litigation Hold activities needed by the City to remain compliant with State and Federal laws, administers on premise hybrid Exchange
- Three (3) years’ experience managing a large-scale messaging environment with 10,000 or more users.
- Two (2) years’ experience supporting email systems deployed within an AD and/or ADFS environment
- Two (2) years’ experience supporting Office 365 (O365) and an ability to isolate faults within Outlook client software and Outlook Web Access including issues encountered with mobile devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Three (3) years’ experience managing and administering data discovery processes for messaging systems.
- Four (4) years’ experience managing Microsoft Exchange (2010/2013/2016) in an on premise or Exchange Online environment
- Three (3) years’ experience supporting Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Web Access environments
- Four (4) years’ experience with email security systems/products (Proofpoint, Microsoft ATP, Sophos, etc.)
- Four (4) years’ experience performing routine email system administrative tasks such as management of user and business accounts, email tracing, DKIM and DMARC configuration