This position is part of the Business Solutions Team, providing Business Analysis and software support to mission-critical applications. The Business Solutions team supports the Electronic Patient Care Reporting application (used by the Emergency Medical Services Division) and Respond Billing (used by the Emergency Transportation Division), Records Management System (RMS), and Staff Rostering for emergency crews. This position will support the implementation of the RMS with Fire Incident Reporting capabilities for Fire Operations, Fire Investigations, and Health & Wellness (Injuries, Exposures, High-Stress Incidents) to provide final disposition reports for all responded incidents from the field.
The primary job duties of these positions include the following:
• Work closely with internal/external customers and stakeholders to ensure that the business applications are configured to meet the needs of the Phoenix Fire Department.
• Work with vendors and internal business units in the testing, implementation, and coordinated release of the updated versions with Technical Services and ITS change control management.
• Develop solutions to functional problems and transform abstract ideas into easily understood procedures. • Identifying and solving complex problems.
• Critical Thinking, the ability to observe and research data to find a resolution.
• Communicate issues, feature requests, and status of all service releases to the application users and vendors and manage the requests to their resolution/completion.
• Perform daily system checks, monitor, and respond to trouble tickets.
• Create, maintain, and schedule jobs that provide timely data for users’ reports.
• Maintain system interfaces and data transmission to state and federal agencies to comply with policies and standards.
• Document support procedures and knowledge-based documents and establish business processes for applications.
• Produce written documents in English with clearly organized thoughts with proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
Master’s degree in computer science OR Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience OR Associate degree with 5 years of experience in information technology, Business analysis, or a closely related field.
Five years of experience in systems analysis, configuration, and testing of enterprise applications.
Five years of experience in public safety implementing and supporting Police or Fire Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), EMS, and Records Management Systems.
Three years of experience in programming knowledge of VB Script and PL/SQL, JAVA/html, and Python.
Experience implementing and supporting ImageTrend Elite product suite and applications.
• Three years of experience analyzing large departmental systems and procedures while accurately and logically implementing improvements
• Three years of experience working with vendor on-premises, cloud-hosted, and mobile applications.
• Three years of experience in job submission, scheduling, and debugging of systems to prevent or resolve errors or malfunctions.