Part-time work in office not to exceed 25 hrs per week. 5 days a week optional (8-12 or 12-4)
Roles & Responsibilities
- This position will assist accounting by managing incoming invoices via email and USPS.
- Open all incoming mail and scan it to a dedicated accounting inbox.
- Download each incoming invoice and statements.
- Separate the invoices into individual PDF documents. Edit each invoice to Date stamp the invoice.
- Research the invoice in the State Procurement Portal (APP) to identify the Purchase Order and assigned Work Unit.
- Save each invoice using a pre-determined naming convention.
- Receive, download and file 'ok to pay' invoices in the assigned electronic folder.
- Receive, download and e-file vendor statements.
- Support the accounting staff to contact vendors for missing invoices or to research older invoices to determine payment status.
- Position will complete online training and use APP to research purchase orders, invoices, payments and assigned work units.
Understanding of basic accounting principals Web-based application efficiency and understanding PDF editing Google sheets, Gmail, and Gmail Labels
Experience in performing basic accounting transactions Experienced using a web-based accounting application Experienced using a PDF editing tool (Adobe Pro) Google sheets, Gmail, and Gmail Labels
Education Required - High School Diploma
Education Preferred - Certificate in bookkeeping or accounting.