The Administrative Assistant will assist ADOT’s Historic Preservation Team with various administrative tasks. The position will primarily be remote, but will occasionally require work at an office, and travel for meetings. Printing/scanning will be required weekly, and the ability to print from home will reduce travel to use office printers. The assistant will report to the historic preservation team lead, and will assist the historic preservation team specialists.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Finalizing pre-written letters by adding addressee information using the Microsoft Word mail merge tool, or by manual editing
- Emailing and mailing letters and documents to government agencies from a general email account
- Printing and scanning documents
- Managing the general ADOT historic preservation email inbox
- Keeping historic preservation staff informed of emails received to the general inbox
- Filing documents (digitally and hard copies) and organizing files
- Writing short memos to document completion of projects
- Attending meetings and taking meeting notes
- Scheduling meetings and sending meeting invites • Entering information onto spreadsheets
- Processing applications for user access to the online historic preservation portal
- Uploading documents to the historic preservation portal
- Other miscellaneous tasks
- Assist with project file audits
Basic communication and computer skills.
Applicant should be able to demonstrate ability to complete the requirements of the job description as demonstrated though previous employment o volunteer work.
High school diploma or GED.