Roles & Responsibilities
- This position will support the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and On-The Job Training (OJT) Compliance Programs.
- The expectations of this position will be to effectively perform complex contract management activities related to DBE and OJT Compliance on ADOT federally funded projects.
- Maintain contracts in the DBE and OJT Reporting system and send notifications of contract award to contractors and field offices.
- Verify the monthly payment reporting activities for compliance on each assigned project and conduct audits.
- Assist with oversight and monitoring activities by ensuring DBE compliance in construction and professional service contracts.
- Conduct reviews and audits by investigating the performance and management of work for each DBE on federally funded projects.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
Planning; Organization; facilitation of meetings/groups; developing procedures, and templates; developing training presentations; oral, written, and interpersonal communications; customer service skills. Problem solving skills, planning and organization. Preferred Knowledge of Adobe and Google Suite applications.
Knowledge of federal and local government workforce programs. Ability to communicate verbally with internal and external customers and stakeholders, problem solve, compile data and reports, and develop procedures and forms. Ability to research, develop, implement and monitor a federally mandated program in coordination with multiple external partners and agencies statewide.
- Experience communicating effectively in meetings, facilitating working groups and working well with stakeholder groups; meets deadlines and manages multiple priorities; Collect Data and provide reports.
- Experience providing technical assistance to internal and external customers and stakeholders for system usage.
- Experience determining process changes, developing standard operating procedures, and conducting outreach. Initiate and develop community partnerships with workforce development organizations.
- Essential functions of all State positions include: regular and predictable attendance, adherence to State of Arizona and other applicable Standards of Conduct, and all agency specific policies, procedures, and/or practices.
- Ability to represent the Business Engagement and Compliance Office (BECO) and participate in conferences, workshops, seminars with Federal, State, Local, and Community organizations
- A Bachelor's degree or its equivalence in business administration or related area, or an additional 1 year of project management experience for every year of education.
- Minimum five or more years of experience working in a civil rights, affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, small business, government contracting, contract compliance, construction, transportation or other related position.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, some college desired.
Education Required - Minimum of High School Diploma, some college desired.
Education Preferred - Minimum of High School Diploma
Additional Information - Possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license is required. This position may require driving to various program outreach events and construction job sites within the state.