This is a full-time in-office position and requires candidate to be in -office Monday through Friday, from 8AM through 5PM, except State holidays.
Roles & Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to provide support to constituents, including education administrators and staff, community members, education partners, and the families of Arizona students. This customer service position will be responsible for processing program applications to determine program eligibility and assisting applicants to ensure they have complete applications and understand the program requirements.
The primary duties for this position include the following:
- Process applications for program eligibility review for enrollment and/or renewal
- Help communicate program requirements to the stakeholders and assist in the submission of complete applications • Evaluate and maintain applicant accounts/cases pursuant to state statute and ADE policy
- Respond to all assigned help desk tickets and provide backup call center support as needed
- Review and approve applicant expenses based on program statute and guidelines
- Review and file expense reports as needed
- Communicate program requirements, statute, policies and applicable guidelines to program participants, applicants, and stakeholders, etc.
- Contribute to the team's goals, ensures timeliness of all programmatic requirements, and makes recommendations on policy/procedure changes/improvements Located at the agency's South campus and on the same building and area as executive leadership,
- This position will be part of a standard office environment and will be 100% on-site, where expected dress-code is business and business-casual.
- All State and non-State workers are required to disclose any personal affiliation with any State-sponsored educational programs or organizations during their employment.
- Skills: Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Research and problem solving
- Analyze data; apply rules and regulations
- Intermediate to advanced skill in using Microsoft Outlook Abilities:
- Work with a broad spectrum of professionals and applicants
- Establish positive and professional relationships with program participants; work as part of a team
- Maintain complex and confidential files to include proper handling
- Multi-task, prioritize work load, and adjust priorities in a dynamic setting
- Handle a variety of demands and projects
- Accept directions and feedback from management and follow through appropriately.
- Gather facts and communicate details clearly
- Knowledge: Process applications for program eligibility and enrollment
- Respond to customer questions and concerns
- Research and preliminary interpretation of applicable policies, procedures and rules related to the program
- Process and review documents, reports, and/or expense reports to ensure programmatic compliance
- Preference will be given to those applicants with: Experience working with case management, program compliance and/or other applicable educational related experience
- Basic knowledge of Title 15, chapter 19 of the Arizona Education Code
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to the special education and/or education
Associate's or Bachelor's degree within a field appropriate to the assignment from an accredited college and/or experience working with case management, program compliance and/or other applicable educational related experience. Education Preferred
This is a Six-months assignment from start date, with possibility to change at any time, including extension. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.