- Server Support, Desktop support, support customers on the ADOT network; fix computer related problems; troubleshoot hardware problems; research and implement potential solutions; support agency’s warranty and non-warranty computer and printer repair work; and assist with assigned project tasks.
- Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Teach customers how to use PC related software and hardware.
- Implements software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations.
- Install and configure PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Assist with major deployments of hardware and software. Monitors system reliability and availability.
- Attend section staff meetings.
- Complete mandatory training classes and other classes as assigned.
- Travel between sites to accomplish tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hardware and software packages to include client and server platforms.
- Teach new staff members how to troubleshoot problems, setup and install, network related hardware, software and other peripherals.
- This position will require daily travel to work sites
Strong customer service skills Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with ability to adjust message to audience.
Knowledge of Apple devices including iOS and MacOS is a plus
Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Excellent self-organization and time management skills
Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
Ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
Ability to develop and write technical documentation
Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
*Resource will be working in a professional environment and will be held to a dress code standard. *Position requires ACJIS Certification (Arizona Criminal Justice Information System) is provided by ADOT and is the full background check with fingerprinting, then the candidate is required to pass a written test in order to work on our ADOT Enforcement Officers (our ADOT Police for the Public) devices. *Position will require extensive daily travel. Resources will need to have the ability to drive to various locations throughout the Phoenix Metro area as needed. Infrequently, travel with possible overnight stays within AZ may be offered on a volunteer basis. **candidates cannot have any criminal records at all throughout their entire history in any state and no DUI's (Driving under the Influence)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- General working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- Ticketing and Department operating procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including operating systems and Office Knowledge of Google email and standard Suite of products Computer hardware configuration and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of Ethernet network topology to assist with troubleshooting network issues
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure industry standards and best practices
- Advanced troubleshooting skills Problem definition and alternative analysis skills
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experience with Windows 7
- Experience with Server 2008 and Server 2012 engineering
- Experience with Backup solutions
- Time Reporting MS System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
*Minimum 4 years of current working experience in an IT field
*Must have a current AZ Driver’s license with a good driving record - 39 month review will be conducted
**Must be able to achieve an ACJIS Certification and pass an Arizona Criminal Justice Investigation with fingerprint and Criminal background check.
*Associate/Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred