This position will analyze highly complex client requests, design and develop complex n-tier solutions object oriented, and or client/server using industry standard Software Development Life Cycle methods. Perform problem analysis on complex applications and develop/document coding solutions. Ability to understand/design/create database objects (i.e., tables, columns, indices, stored procedures, relationships, and views). Write effective technical documentation, support and user manuals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops new .NET applications to meet functional and technical designs.
• Supports production systems; analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner; resolves end user service requests as assigned.
• Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and contributes to completion of technical specifications.
• Creates deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation.
• Performance tunes, reviews and recommends improvements to existing code.
• Reviews and recommends improvements to existing architectures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Multiple programming languages, multiple database management systems and multiple development platforms. C# is required.
• Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET technologies, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Azure Dev Ops .NET CORE version 3.1 and/or above is a must.
• Web Services (WCF and REST API) is required.
• XML Schema creation, XML transformation highly desired.
• Business analysis, system design and application/software development in an n-tier, object oriented, client/server environment.
• All phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for complex n-tier, object oriented client/server development efforts.
• Technologies and underlying principles.
• Fundamentals of objects oriented and service software design principals.
• Analyzing highly complex client requests and designing and developing highly complex n- tier solutions object oriented, and or client/server solutions.
• Performing complex problem analysis and identifying solutions.
• Ability, understanding the creation of database objects (i.e., tables, columns, indices, stored procedures, relationships, and views).
• Developing and writing effective technical documentation, user manuals and, where applicable, on-line help systems.
• Develop client/server strategies.
• Bring projects to completion on time and within budget using Software Design Life Cycle and the established Project Management Methodologies.
• Research and analyze information.
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations. • Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Develop and write technical documentation.
• Quickly learn and develop in new programming languages, APIs, and platforms.
• Evaluate and test emerging technologies.
• Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
• Create metrics for software development areas.
• Support and develop application developers by providing advice, coaching, identify and recommend training opportunities.
• Deliver successful projects.
• Manage development projects utilizing a formal project management methodology.
• Manage time-boxed Production Support defect releases and full, effort driven, enhancement releases.
• Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with customers and staff at all levels.
• Develop n-tiered web applications.
• Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with fewest resources with continuous problem solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Bachelor's degree plus 8 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
• Experience with Azure DevOps Pipelines configurations is preferred.