The Agency is currently seeking a motivated, innovative and solutions driven individual to work as our new .NET Developer. This position will analyze highly complex client requests, design and develop complex n-tier solutions object oriented, and or client/server using industry standard Software Development Life Cycle methods. Perform problem analysis on complex applications and develop/document coding solutions. Ability to understand/design/create database objects (i.e., tables, columns, indices, stored procedures, relationships, and views). Write effective technical documentation, support and user manuals.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops new .NET applications to meet functional and technical designs.
- Supports production systems; analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner; resolves end user service requests as assigned.
- Engages with business analysts and stakeholders to understand functional requirements,and contributes to completion of technical specifications.
- Creates deliverables according to the Software Development Lifecycle such as functional and technical specifications, use cases, test cases, and system documentation.
- Performance tunes, reviews and recommends improvements to existing code.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to existing architectures.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of
- Multiple programming languages, multiple database management systems and multiple development platforms. C# is required.
- Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET technologies, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Azure Dev Ops .NET CORE version 3.1 and/or above is a must.
- Web Services (WCF and REST API) is required.
- XML Schema creation, XML transformation highly desired.
- Business analysis, system design and application/software development in an n-tier, object oriented, client/server environment.
- All phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for complex n-tier, object oriented client/server development efforts.
- Technologies and underlying principles.
- Fundamentals of objects oriented and service software design principals.
- Analyzing highly complex client requests and designing and developing highly complex n- tier solutions object oriented, and or client/server solutions.
- Performing complex problem analysis and identifying solutions.
- Ability, understanding the creation of database objects (i.e., tables, columns, indices, stored procedures, relationships, and views).
- Developing and writing effective technical documentation, user manuals and, where applicable, on-line help systems.
- Develop client/server strategies.
- Bring projects to completion on time and within budget using Software Design Life Cycle and the established Project Management Methodologies.
- Research and analyze information.
- Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly. Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Develop and write technical documentation.
- Quickly learn and develop in new programming languages, APIs, and platforms.
- Evaluate and test emerging technologies.
- Apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met.
- Create metrics for software development areas.
- Support and develop application developers by providing advice, coaching, identify and recommend training opportunities.
- Deliver successful projects.
- Manage development projects utilizing a formal project management methodology.
- Manage time-boxed Production Support defect releases and full, effort driven, enhancement releases.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with customers and staff at all levels.
- Develop n-tiered web applications.
- Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with fewest resources with continuous problem solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with Azure DevOps Pipelines configurations is preferred.