The Sr. DevOps Engineer will design, implement, test, deploy, support and perpetually improve upon continuous integration pipelines and internal tooling, utilizing new technologies, industry standard toolsets and software development in a fast paced agile environment in order to streamline time-to-value for our customers. The ideal candidate will have the ability and desire to learn cutting edge technologies and be an advocate for DevOps best practices within our organization. Our goal is to increase our deployment frequency to production and to reduce our lead time for changes which we hope to achieve by the implementation of Pipelines. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who have a drive to implement new innovative solutions. Detailed job duties include:
- Collaborate with application development and/or infrastructure teams to configure continuous integration build system. Develop proof of concepts and propose solutions to leadership.
- Modernize and automate release management, deployment processes and strategies covering Dev, UAT production environments while promoting, documenting, and implementing best practices.
- Design and implement solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, with goals of increasing the security, reliability, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
- Participate in technical envisioning, technical design, and delivery of assigned projects.
- Lead all the software release activities from code commits, building & deployment of artifacts into UAT &
- Production environments while conducting business certification for major releases. Develop & Present Software Release status reports to senior management and leadership team.
- Required: Expert level Hands-on Technical knowledge in one of each categories is required
1. Source code: Bitbucket, GitHub or similar
2. Java build tools: Maven, Gradle or similar
3. Scripting language: PowerShell, Bash, Perl or similar
4. Programming language: Java, Python, Ruby or similar
5. CI/CD: Jenkins, Bamboo or similar
6. Container architecture: Docker, Kubernetes or similar
7. Altassian ecosystem: Jira & Confluence
Familiarity & Knowledge to the following technologies is a huge plus.
1. Configuration automation tools: Puppet, Ansible, Chef or similar
2. Spring framework & Spring boot applications development
3. Automation testing: Selenium, RestAssured or similar
4. Cloud based architecture: AWS
Crucial skills required in the right candidate:
- Attention to detail, Problem-solving, Communication skills are crucial for success
- Strong troubleshooting, thinking outside the box, time management and judgment skills
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum process environments
- Consistently exhibits a personal accountability to outcomes to all team members, peers, and stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet deadlines