Under limited supervision, the Software License Asset Specialist is responsible for processing software license requests and updating the software inventory and usage monitoring. This position will be working closely with internal customers and team members to coordinate and process the requests for the service requests.
- Manage, Maintain and coordinate software assets for existing approved software
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone, chat or email for Software assets.
- Assist in facilitating software requests for existing approved software
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow Information Technology process, standard, governance and procedures
- Follow up with customers and users to ensure complete resolution of issues
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Works cross functionally to prepare, distribute and communicate software status, solve problems and implement changes
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Familiar with IT ticketing, service desk, and asset management systems
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, applications and collaboration tools such as Google and Microsoft suite.
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing customer support
- Experience researching, analyzing and interpreting data and numbers (license counts, license costs and division)
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices, including communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain levels of productivity
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Collaborative skills- demonstrated ability to form strong partnerships with both business and technical resources
- Familiar with a variety of IT concepts, practices, and procedures