Job Summary: The position acts as primary liaison between the Information Technology Group and multiple business units. Under limited supervision, the business systems analyst is responsible for analyzing complex business problems in order to assist with the identification, evaluation, and implementation of systems. This position will be conducting research and analysis to devise strategies for coordination of information needed on business and service requests. The business systems analyst is also expected to become highly familiar with all supported applications and business processes. Positions will be 90% remote work with a possible request to come into the office one time a week, attend meetings in person, following safety protocols etc.
- The business systems analyst is responsible for the development of both business and technical requirements that represent the best possible solution for a particular business problem.
- Forming a strong partnership with both business and technical resources on all assigned efforts
- Acting as the interpreter between business and technical resources regarding business requirements and system capabilities.
- Responsible for documenting the technical requirements including high level and low level design documents.
- Work with the project management team on projects to gather requirements, dependencies and system flows.
- Responsible for coordinating engagement with different ADOT departments for analysis.
- Conduct business analyses, requirements assessments, and works with subject matter experts to gather and assess business requirements; makes recommendations to internal stakeholders based on analysis conducted
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Experience in analyzing complex business problems, gathering and documenting business and technical requirements and maintain production system documentation
- Exceptional communication skills, and strong leadership and collaborative skills
- Project management skills is a plus. Exposure to a wide variety of project management and software development methodologies
- Being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to form strong partnerships with both business and technical resources
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business problems and help determine if they might be solved by automated systems
- Experience with all aspects of creating and reviewing technical system documentation such as architectural diagrams, process flows and data flow diagrams
- Demonstrated expertise in the solicitation and documentation of business and technical requirements
- Demonstrated skills in critical thinking and analysis, meeting facilitation, written and oral communications, and interpersonal interactions
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Previous development experience is a plus