• This position works under the supervision of the Development Manager. The person in this position will be responsible for: • Designing, implementing, and maintaining applications associated with the agency’s mission • Participating in project teams involved in the planning, design, development and testing of new applications • Ensuring that existing interfaces and programs comply with changes in technology directives and/or Department statues, regulations, and rules • Writing technical documentation on application specifications and maintaining effective working relationships to improve the systems of the agency • Developing and applying business knowledge in one or more functional areas • Performing other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
• The theory, principles and practices of system specification standards, applications programming, database technology, and the principles of software development life cycle. • User-centered design, responsive Web design, and best practices regarding accessibility • Agile, Scrum and Lean methodologies
• Experience developing applications using C#, .Net, MVC Framework with Visual Studio, Agile methodology with MS TFS.
• Ability to write custom HTML5 code and CSS.
• Conceptual knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server.
• Troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution of technical issues.
• Verbal and written communication.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the agency.
• Problem-solving and attention to detail.
• Identify opportunities for use of solutions to improve efficiency and reduce waste.
• Design and/or code applications based on defined user requirements.
• Analyze user needs and design effective system to adapt to changing environments and new technologies
• Evaluate and test emerging technologies.
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Develop and write technical documentation
• Quickly learn and develop in new programming languages, APIs, and platforms
• Maintain confidentiality
• Work well independently and in a team environment
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 1 year of programming and analysis experience or equivalent.