The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this position has experience in product ownership, education, financial systems, and data warehousing. They are a Product Owner with a passion for data, and for making peoples’ lives easier. They trust their teams to deliver the how, while they work on the why.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) in relevant product domains. Rapidly develops an understanding of the user base to guide product decisions.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to communicate customer needs, adjust requirements based on technical feedback, support backlog refinement, and manage priorities.
- Capture and document requirements, present user stories to product teams, and ensure new functionality meets the acceptance criteria.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the product development cycle.
- Employ and develop product planning and management best practices, establishing and executing reliable processes for collecting and prioritizing customer requirements.
- Lead through influence.
- Assist the development team with release planning, functional research, and testing of releases.
- Work with other Product Owners to ensure dependencies are prioritized appropriately across teams and sharing best practices.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
A. Degree – Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience. B. Functional Experience – Candidates must have 3+ years of experience within an education domain and/or financial domain. Both is preferred. C. Product Owner Experience – Candidates must have 3+ years of software development product ownership experience. D. Leadership – Candidates must demonstrate strong leadership, time management and problem-solving skills with a minimum of 3 years leading people (either through influence or direct report). E. Interpersonal Relationships – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work well with others of all personality types while demonstrating problem-solving and the ability to prioritize tasks. F. Communication – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to communicate in verbal and written form with both technical and non-technical personnel. G. Initiative – Candidates must demonstrate success as a self-starting, hardworking and inquisitive worker. H. Teamwork – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal. I. Agile/Scrum - Candidates must demonstrate experience in an agile product environment to include deep understanding and experience with agile methodologies. Bonus skills: J. Certification –PSPO I or greater, PSM I or greater, CSM 1 or greater, CSPO 1 or greater. K. Domain Driven Design –Understanding and experience with Domain Driven Design L. Automation Experience – Candidates demonstrate experience in automation software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies, tools and processes. M. Data Lake and/or Date Warehousing – Experience with planning and implementing a data warehouse, data lake, or other data repositories.