The ideal candidate for this position has experience in Azure, data pipelines, data architecture and warehousing, and has dabbled in machine learning. They are a Data Engineer with a passion for data, and for making peoples’ lives easier. They enjoy both philosophical discussions and physical deployments and are comfortable working with multiple teams.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Works closely with a team of engineers, product managers, and analysts.
- Defines company data assets (data models), jobs to populate data models.
- Designs data integrations and data quality framework.
- Designs and evaluates open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- Other duties as assigned.
A. Degree – Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or equivalent experience.
B. Functional Experience – Candidates must have 3+ years of experience with large sets of regulated data.
C. Interpersonal Relationships – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work well with others of all personality types while demonstrating problem-solving and the ability to prioritize tasks.
D. Communication – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to communicate in verbal and written form with both technical and non-technical personnel.
E. Initiative – Candidates must demonstrate success as a self-starting, hardworking and inquisitive worker.
F. Teamwork – Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal.
G. Agile/Scrum - Candidates must demonstrate experience in an agile product environment to include deep understanding and experience with agile methodologies.
H. Data Lake and/or Date Warehousing – Experience with planning and implementing a data warehouse, data lake, or other data repositories is required.
I. Certifications: Azure Data Engineering, Azure DBA, Azure Developer or others related to the position
J. Domain Driven Design – Understanding and experience with Domain Driven Design
K. Financial or Education Domains – Ed-Fi, CEDS, SIF, GAAP, etc.