ASP.NET Core Developer (Contract Position)
This job requires an ASP.NET developer who is self-motivated and a good team player with core skills to work on a project that follows Agile methodology. A suitable candidate will possess minimum of 5 years web development experience using Microsoft .NET stack. This job heavily involves utilizing the following technologies.
• Agile, DevOps/TFS
• ASP.Net Core using C#, Razor pages, Entity Framework Core - Code First approach, LINQ to objects/Entities and Azure AD
• Microservices, Web API Services, Swagger and Background services
• SQL server (T-SQL), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Day to day job duties include but not limited to:
• Work in a team environment to re-write existing applications and/or develop new applications adhering to the City development standards to ensure a seamless integration of new and existing systems.
• Utilize ASP.NET Core using C# to build robust, secure API solutions that can be consumed by various other applications.
• Develop ETL solution(s) to maintain data integrity between multiple data structures.
• Develop reports using SSRS.
• Use DevOps to update user stories, use cases (UAT) for user stories, source code, task times, bugs following the Agile methodology.
• Take part in code reviews with the entire team involving City technical staff.
• Frequently communicate any findings, ideas to solutions and any road blocks.
• Shall deliver weekly project status reports to the IT lead.
• Shall deliver presentations to ITS and City Clerk departments and/or audiences as requested to provide an overview of the engagement, provide status updates, and to communicate findings.
• Be a good team player with strong communication skills: verbal and written.