The Technology Services Division of the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Business Systems Analyst to fill a role on one of our software development teams. The ideal candidate will have experience as a scrum master along with strong business analysis skills. The ASRS provides a challenging and rewarding environment utilizing state of the art technologies and tools. The ASRS applications are web-based, image and workflow enabled, and support a broad range of ASRS activities for both active and retired members.
The position duties include:
- Serve as Project Manager, Business Analyst, and potentially Scrum Master for the a java software development team comprised of 2 Java Developers, 1 Technical Lead / Senior Developer, and 1 Quality Assurance Engineer. Developing project plans and charters for application development projects to support our pension administration system.
- Manage and lead development teams to successful outcomes: identify key metrics, set milestones and timelines, assess performance, develop communication materials and allocate resources.
- Ensure team members are inserting their time and tasks accurately in JIRA.
- As PM set the tone for the team to build an effective and happy team.
- Create project plans and resource assignments in the Celoxis project management tool.
- Illicit and document requirements and acceptance criteria from users using various methods.
- Perform analysis to understand the inner workings of all assigned tasks and projects. Become an expert on processes and systems to find improvements and perform root cause analysis.
- Create user stories that meet the definition of ready and ensure development of these stories meets the definition of done.
- Ensure team meets the definition of done for all stories and definition of releasable for all releases.
- Create project vision documents to define the project with the help of SME’s, product owners and technical experts. Present the vision to the senior management team.
- Perform role of scrum master, ensure the team feels comfortable sharing positive and negative feelings during retrospectives. Facilitate the sprint review. Work with PO’s on grooming the backlog and remove roadblocks quickly.
- Participate in story estimating, ensure team creates proper subtasks and tracks their time in Jira.
- Present project status to senior management team.
- Ensure software development projects have adequate automated test coverage.
- Manage UAT and UXT for users.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (minimum 5 years’ experience in business systems analysis field)
· Minimum 5 year project management experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience eliciting requirements and performing cost-benefit analysis in a custom software development environment, from inception to production support
· Minimum 1 year experience performing database queries and/or related data research to support the requirements validation process
· Minimum 1 year experience coordinating and conducting User Acceptance Testing
· Proven ability to multi-task on concurrent projects
· Experience in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum and Kanban
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience in the Financial/Retirement sector, including administration of health insurance and benefit payments, is a plus
· Certification in Project Management and/or Business Analysis is desirable
· Experience with Project Management Software; MS Project, Celoxis and JIRA is desirable
- Experience as a scrum master
· Experience documenting user stories and acceptance criteria
· Experience with behavior driven development test scenarios using Gherkin syntax