Our team is looking for an experienced Deputy IT Program Manager who is passionate about helping people, broadly skilled, and committed to successful product execution and superior customer service to work closely with the Program Manager to help lead our multi-agency Business One Stop initiative. The Business One Stop initiative provides a single online location to help citizens & businesses plan, start, grow, move, & close businesses in Arizona. More information on Business One Stop is available at: https://businessonestop.az.gov/.
- JOB DUTIES:
- Works closely with the core product and implementation teams from multiple agencies to oversee and assist with the daily IT needs of the program.
- Serves as a leader and advisor to the product teams to drive results and successes.
- Understands and able to manage the entire product life cycle for new and existing modules from discovery through lessons learned. Oversees and manages the product backlog in Jira and prioritizes work based on the overall strategy and business objectives of the program.
- Communicates frequently with stakeholders across the board, including multiple agency executives, customers, business managers, and development teams to ensure proper product alignment.
- Analyzes data, creates reports, and helps develop strategies to improve program performance.
- Works with project resources, including contractors, procurement, and vendors, to assure project health.
- Ensures all teams are working together and acts as a mediator when needed to help facilitate activities across agencies and move the program and product forward.
- Understands, monitors, and reports on all project tasks, milestones and deliverables.
- Guides project teams to define requirements, user stories, sprint plans, testing, backlog grooming, and product roadmap adherence.
- Utilizing solid understanding of User Experience and Human-centric Design best practices, articulate requirements to help build a better product and ensure that the end-to-end experience is strong.
- Align agency teams on product vision and release goals through strategic roadmapping and product backlog management.
- Able to solicit and translate requirements into business, functional, and use case documents for a broad range of audiences as needed Maintains high standards of work by applying modern project management and IT methodologies, tools, and processes as a standard practice, including creating and utilizing standard work checklists as needed.
- Prepares and delivers informative, well-organized presentations and written project status reviews to numerous stakeholders including process owners, product owners, executive leadership, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Considerable working knowledge of methodologies and techniques for project and program management, business systems analysis and design, business process and UML modeling, requirements gathering, quality assurance, and software development life cycles. Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple work streams and tasks at once.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Solid understanding of User Experience and Human-centric Design best practices.
- Solid skills with strategic roadmapping and product backlog management.
- Strong ability to identify and resolve problems/risks/issues/changes.
- Strong planning, organization and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, reporting, and facilitation).
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): Familiarity with the following knowledge areas - Budgeting, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban, Agile, hybrid, Scrum, Scrum of Scrums, and Jira. PMI certification a plus. Business Analysis experience a plus. Lean or Six-sigma experience or certification a plus.
Experience Required: The ideal candidate will have 5+ years in a program or product management or similar role utilizing established processes/protocols.
Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field.