Full time, Contract | Phoenix, Arizona
Posted On: Jan 24 2024
Salary: $30000 - $30000 per year
Roles & Responsibilities
- This position performs unclaimed property work of considerable difficulty in the area of claim processing. The role is that of an investigator exercising some individual judgment. This position works independently while exercising an elevated level of prudence and discretion.
- The duties of this position facilitate the Section's statutory requirement to safeguard the property in its custody. This position exists to validate and substantiate the claims of ownership of unclaimed property.
- This is accomplished by processing unclaimed property claims using the precise application of program rules, regulations, policies and procedures, the laws affecting ownership (such as domestic relations and probate) for all 50 states, federal regulations and international restrictions.
- The purpose of this position is to: -Accurately and professionally communicate to claimants and holders complex information to determine ownership of unclaimed property.
- Conduct initial and follow-up claimant interviews and investigations to elicit information regarding ownership utilizing deductive reasoning and intuitive thought. Independently gather information from a variety of sources.
- Review and critically read documents (such as notarized affidavits, powers of attorney, wills, trusts, contracts, court documents, corporate resolutions and minutes). -Research records and reports to efficiently locate properties. -
- Independently interpret and apply statutes and regulations. Approve payment of claims. -Oversee and coordinate a workload of claims effectively within the time constraints and quality standards set by statute, claimant expectation and agency goals.
Skills Required - Data Entry, Claims Processing
Experience Required - CLAIMS RELATED PROCESSING IN FIELD SUCH AS INSURANCE INDUSTRY
Education Required - GED or High School Diploma