Roles & Responsibilities
The Centralized Records Coordination Unit (CRCU) is responsible for the redaction of DCS information as prescribed by law, and for providing redacted records to the individuals who request them. Within DCS, there is also a Public Records Coordinator (PRC) who is primarily responsible for overseeing public records requests. These include requests from the media and the courts. The CRCU is managed by the Field Support Services Administration (FSSA) within the Department of Child Safety (DCS).
- Review cases involving child abuse and neglect.
- Meet production requirements of a current minimum 450 - 900 pages reviewed per day.
- Meet accuracy requirements of a current 98% accuracy rate.
- Comprehend and redact five (5) primary pieces of information:
- Source • Attorney Client Privilege
- Department of Public Safety (DPS) results
- Social Security Numbers
- Child Placements
- Work is consistent, standardized, and repetitious.
- Administrative experience
- Legal setting
- Ability to work with Adobe
- Basic computer skills
- Worked with attorneys.
Education Required - High School Diploma