Plays an essential role in protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of State of Arizona information and information systems. This position ensures that the security requirements necessary to protect the State's mission and business processes are adequately addressed in all aspects of enterprise architecture including reference models and frameworks, solution architectures, and the resulting systems supporting those missions and business processes. Also provides guidance to both cybersecurity and IT personnel on the appropriate security architecture, standards, and ensures that security controls in place are resilient enough to withstand and/or recover from issues caused by known and unknown internal or external threats.
Thorough working knowledge of information security technologies, industry trends and best practices in the areas of risk assessment, compliance and vulnerability management Considerable knowledge of specific information protection standards (HIPAA, CGIS, IRS, etc. as appropriate) Mastery with the concepts of NIST 800, CIS, and other security standards in the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Demonstrated ability to architect, build and implement large information security systems
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Demonstrated ability to create and write policies and standards
Bachelor's degree plus ten(10) years of extensive experience in information security systems engineering (or equivalent experience) Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP) preferred.
Req id 259