2 opening for Phoenix Location and 1 Opening for Tucson Location.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Adoption Guardianship Subsidy Specialist provides full case management and crisis intervention services to adoptive families of children with special needs.
- This position determines if hard to place children in an adoptive home are eligible for adoption assistance and determines if the Adoption Subsidy Program is an option for permanency.
- Duties: Consults with the child's behavioral health and medical professionals, adoptive parents, school personnel and DCS staff.
- Determines if hard to place children in adoptive homes are eligible for adoption assistance
- Completes required documentation on approved cases to comply with state and federal requirements
- Provides policies/procedures training and technical assistance to adoptive parents and workers
- Reviews and resolves high profile case-specific issues and concerns
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position
- Job Details: Position Summary & What to Expect in the Day to Day: Supporting the work of Adoption and Guardianship Subsidy Specialists by performing a number of data entry tasks and other office focused jobs including but not limited to contact with internal and external customers, participation in unit/program meetings and discussions, and review of documents with knowledge of associated subsidy policies.
- Driving is not a requirement for the job
Skills Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Summary:
- Knowledge of: Complex federal and state adoption laws, regulations and policies
- Family dynamics
- Child development and behavior
- Sources of family conflict
- Special services subsidies
- Skill in: Organization and follow-up
- Interpretation of rules and regulations
- Top 3 Required Skills: (Non-Negotiable) (visible on resume): 1. Basic Computer Skills 2. Customer Service skills 3. Ability to learn specialized computer systems
Top 3 Preferred Skills: (Preferences) (visible on resume): 1. Knowledge of Arizona Child Safety permanency options 2. Conscientious/Detail Oriented 3. Ability to prioritize tasks of varying size, urgency, and timelines
Experience Preferred - A Bachelor's degree in Social work or other social science program is preferred but not required
Education Preferred - Previous experience in adoptions or child welfare is preferred but not required
- Background check is fingerprint clearance. We can get the candidates to start pending fingerprint clearance due to the position being open for 6 months.
- Location of workplace 1818 E Sky Harbor Cir N Ste.100, Phx 85034 (or) 4201 S. Santa Rita Ave #105 Tucson, AZ 85714
- An average of 8 people per team. The team is very collaborative and supportive of completing tasks in a timely manner
- While each Subsidy Specialist is responsible for their own caseload, every individual member of the teams and program helps when needed to assure prompt and quality customer service.
- Being a social work field, the teams are supportive not only of work, but also work life balance, and personal needs of the individual
- This role is not remote, but there are weekly unit meetings, monthly meetings with direct supervisors.