The primary focus of this position is to design and develop new WebFOCUS Reports, HTML and Portals (Interfaces) using Applications Studio, Developer Studio and/or InfoAssist and schedule WebFOCUS jobs using Reports Caster.
• Design and develop new WebFOCUS Reports/Portals using Application Studio & Developer Studio.
• Design and build Dashboards & Ad-hoc Reports using InfoAssist/Designer.
• Configure and Schedule WebFOCUS jobs using Report Castor and shell script.
• Develop Report queries, Analyze files, queries and tune program(s) for optimal performance.
• Support testing efforts, such as unit, system, regression and performance testing.
• Prepare thorough technical documentation for the development effort.
• Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring of other application developers and business analyst staff.
• Gather and document requirements to develop WebFOCUS BI Portals, Reports and Models.
• Communicate requirements and project architecture to stakeholders, developers and management.
• Provide summary of project status as of reporting date, grouped by project assignment
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to exercise objective and independent judgment.
• Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
• Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information relative to position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Superior accuracy and attention to detail. Consistently produces high quality work at an acceptable volume.
• Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
• High standard of work ethic; honors time off policies. Willingness to take on additional tasks.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with clients and employees at all levels based on credibility, integrity and trust.
• Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Sets positive example, models professionalism and integrity.
• Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Regular attendance is essential.
• Ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
• WebFOCUS 8.2x with at least 2-3 years of WebFOCUS development experience (PREFFERED: at least 3 to 4 years of WebFOCUS development experience)
• Two to three years’ Experience and knowledge SQL
• Experience in dealing with cross-functional teams and effectively communicating to internal / external audiences
• various software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, e-mail, operating systems, presentation applications and publishing applications.
• Experience with HTML, CSS and other Web components.
• Experience with developing reports using AppStudio, Developer Studio and/or InfoAssist, developing portals using Designer, scheduling jobs with WebFOCUS ReportCaster,
• FOCUS Metadata, using GIT source control, SQL queries, FOCUS reporting language and styling.