The primary function of this role is to oversee support for the LAW Criminal Case Management System, Management & Finance System, Document management System and other associated applications. The Lead Business Systems Analyst (LBSA) will solicit, understand, and document the business requirements, processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. LBSA will also work with developers to create the functional specifications that meet those requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions, and work with the business users/QA team to test the developed functionality. This role works closely with business, Developers, Testers, and Production Support through each stage of the software development lifecycle and demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders. This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. As an experienced analyst, he/she will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best practice, tools, and methodology towards standardization of BA deliverables and procedures and collaborating with Development and QA Leads to uphold and improve systems development processes. Performance is evaluated by frequent reviews of work in progress. Key duties The Lead Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for understanding the functional application, business operations and technical flow of any application. The BSA should have application knowledge but also be able to fully explain the operational workflow. The Business Systems Analyst should be able to understand how requirements impact both the technical and functional nature of an application. This is a technical role, one in which an analyst can drive business decisions based on application and technical expertise. The BSA will provide ongoing application support for business systems including but not limited to Criminal Case management System, any related interfaces and will also help them continuously modify/enhance their configuration as business needs change.
- Leading, facilitating and documenting functional processes and dialog flows
- Eliciting requirements from the client through interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, Use Cases, business analysis and task and workflow analysis
- Working with Technical Lead and Developers describing features and user stories to be developed including acceptance criteria
- Defining Use Cases to articulate new functional software needs
- Creating required project artifacts, including Functional Design Documents (FDD’s) as well as supporting documentation, such as process flows and/or data mapping
- Creating a detailed project plan which is modified and updated throughout the project life cycle
- Identifying and analyzing project issues to recommend resolution Creating test scripts and scenarios to ensure that applications work according to business requirements
- Coordinating problem and issue reviews with a follow up on assigned actions
- Working closely with business users to ensure all business needs are met, including project objectives, expected results and business impact
- 3 - 5 years of experience with Law enforcement related or similar case management applications and systems.
- 3 – 5 years of experience facilitating business and technical analysis, requirements, and design.
- Knowledgeable of law enforcement specific workflows and systems.
- Experience in application analysis, troubleshooting and supporting business applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and customer support skills, including the ability to train users and present data
- Experience in the use of a criminal case management system or related, such as case management systems and customer service applications etc.
- Knowledge of drafting requirements documentation and functional specifications.
- Knowledge of application testing using previously prepared test plans and defining test cases from acceptance criteria to verify the accuracy of system changes and enhancements before they go into production.