Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management or Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and five (5) years of computer programming experience in multiple languages/standards or database systems.
An Associate’s Degree in the aforementioned areas and seven (7) years of computer programming and database systems experience, as indicated above.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (not intended to be all-inclusive):
- Provides expert program level application design, analysis, and programming.
- Provides expert knowledge and/or programming in multiple database systems and languages, operations, and systems including, but not limited to HTML, XML, JAVA, SOAP, SQL, XSD, PYTHON, C#, C++, SWIFT, TYPESCRIPT, DRUPAL, C-TREE, DB2, business intelligence reporting and analytics systems and low-code process automation systems.
- Designs and documents complex specifications and new programs/applications, and analyzes, modifies, supports, and migrates existing applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Professional standards for applications and systems development and documentation.
- The principles, concepts, capabilities, and operations of (two or more) HTML, XML, JAVA, SOAP, SQL, XSD, PYTHON, C#, C++, SWIFT, TYPESCRIPT, DRUPAL, C-TREE, DB2, business intelligence reporting and analytics systems and low-code process automation systems.
- System design requirements and programming techniques in any Object-Oriented Language (e.g., C++, C#, JAVA, .NET, etc.)
- Reviewing, interpreting, and proofreading comprehensive, analytical, statistical, technical, and administrative reports, documents, and manuals.
- The use of system testing applications to identify performance, data integrity, communication, and functionality problems, and ensure the programs are corrected accordingly.
- Developing logical conclusions and implementing practical solutions to highly complex programming and data structure problems.
- Analyzing highly complex systems and programming specifications to develop logical coding.
- Analyzing user needs to design appropriate system modifications or new applications to meet the identified requirements.
- Integrating applications which extend across sections of the organization.
- Effectively develop and engineer applications and solutions in multiple programming languages and/or database systems.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships.
- Communicate orally and in writing to present information in a logical and understandable format.
- Work within stringent deadlines to complete work assignments.
- Adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
- Adhere to established policy and use good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.