Strongly prefer a local resource. Position will be worked remotely. Non local resources do not need to relocate.
Looking for a contracted Senior IT Project Manager to lead and deliver on a complex phased project.
This is a one-year contract position and will be primarily a telecommute position with occasional onsite presence at the AZ Secretary of State office if the resource is local.
Onsite presence not often but would like to be able to meet and run through projects, etc. if they are local.
• Lead the planning and implementation of a phased development project
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables
• Manages customer expectations
• Manage stakeholder communications and document thoroughly
• Manage participation from agency and external business stakeholders
• Define project tasks and resource requirements (in cooperation with BA)
• Develop full scale project plans
• Manage project budget
• Manage project resource allocation
• Plan and schedule project timelines (in cooperation with DOA Program Manager)
• Manages risk analysis and development of mitigation plans and proactively monitors risks throughout the project lifecycle
• Track product deliverables using appropriate tools (JIRA, DevOps, etc.)
• Facilitates, communicates, and coordinates project progress, deliverables and tasks, follow-up with project teams, testers, stakeholders, and management
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Lead, monitor and report on quality assurance efforts
• Compile and present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Resolves and/or assists in resolving issues within and between projects and/or functional areas
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Preforms other responsibilities as assigned Required Skills:
• Proven ability to run software development with Agile methodologies
• Proven ability to manage diverse cross-functional development and support teams
• Proven track record managing large sized, complex business/technology projects and/or programs
• Extensive experience in multiple SDLC methodologies
• Exhibits critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Highly developed time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to influence, motivate and lead in order to achieve desired outcome
• Excellent JIRA, MS DevOps, MS Project, PowerPoint, Office skills
• Self-motivated and is able to work and lead others with little supervision
Required Education, Experience and Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or related field
• 8 years of IT-related or relevant enterprise project management experience including 4 years of experience as a senior project manager
• Active and accredited project management certification required.
o Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
o Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)/Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM)
o Certified Scrum Professional ScrumMaster (CSP-SM)
o Professional Scrum Master (PSM) I, II, or III.
• Fluency in JIRA is highly regarded and would be considered a premium
• FBI background and fingerprint check is required for this position