Contract | Tucson, AZ
Posted On: May 12 2020
PC LAN technician role in Tucson, AZ
Role and Responsibilities:
- The PCLAN technician role within ADOT’s (Arizona Department of Transportation) is the face of ITG (Information Technology Group) These technicians are out with internal customers on a daily basis resolving issues and working as a liaison to other divisions within ADOT.
- Duties Include Server Support, Desktop support, support customers on the ADOT network; fix computer-related problems; troubleshoot hardware problems; research and implement potential solutions; support agency’s warranty and non-warranty computer and printer repair work; and assist with assigned project tasks. Ensures compliance with standards for systems software and documentation.
- Teach customers how to use PC related software and hardware. Implement software patches, security fixes, and tests and validates modified system configurations. Install and configure PC hardware, software, and peripherals. Assist with major deployments of hardware and software. Monitors system reliability and availability.
- Attend section staff meetings.
- Complete mandatory training classes and other classes as assigned. Travel between sites to accomplish tasks.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hardware and software packages to include client and server platforms.
- Teach new staff members how to troubleshoot problems, setup and install, network-related hardware, software, and other peripherals. This position will require daily travel to work sites
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- General working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and in-house developed applications utilized in the enterprise
- Ticketing and Department operating procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including operating systems and Office
- Computer hardware configuration and repair knowledge
- Knowledge of Ethernet network topology to assist with troubleshooting network issues
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure industry standards and best practices
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Problem definition and alternative analysis skills
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experience with Windows 7
- Experience with Server 2008 and Server 2012 engineering
- Experience with Backup solutions
- Time Reporting
- MS System Center Operations Manager 2012 R2
- Minimum 4 years of current working experience in an IT field
- Must have a current AZ Driver’s license with a good driving record
- Associate/Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent self-organization and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
- Ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
- Ability to develop and write technical documentation
- Ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Ability to apply creative solutions to business problems to ensure business needs are most effectively met
- Resource will be working in a professional environment